Are you eligible?
Over 60’s or those receiving benefits are eligible to a free eye examination at home and a wide range of spectacles and lens covered by the NHS voucher.
We currently visit clients in:
• Their own homes
• Residential homes
• Nursing homes
• Sheltered accommodation
England and Wales
You may qualify for a free NHS eye test at home if you are unable to visit an optician unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability and are any of the following:
• Registered blind or partially sighted
• Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
• Considered to be at risk of glaucoma, as advised by an optician
• Aged 40 or over and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
• Receiving benefit (Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit)
• Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
• On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
• Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (our optician will advise on the entitlement)
Everyone in Scotland is entitled to a free NHS eye test.